- Surges of energy that causes body to spasms or jolt suddenly
- The inability to hold on to aspects that are limiting or not honoring of your journey
- You may experience a very intense ‘Dark Night of the Soul’ as aspects of your old self literally begin to die. This sends the ego in overload and ego will grapple at anything to keep you stuck in the old beliefs and thought patterns: and so the battle begins. It can feel very real but try to understand it is a necessary part of the journey and continue to chip away at those parts that no longer serve you for the higher purpose you are being prepared for through the kundalini awakening
- An overwhelming need to resolve everything in your life
- Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body
- Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations
- Intense heat or cold particularly during healing work
- An intense need to clear unresolved issues from childhood and beyond
- Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or PLMD.)
- Automatic yoga poses: where the body just adjusts itself into a yoga posture to help open a chakra that is in the process of healing
- Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns
- Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue (sometimes misdiagnosed as CFS)
- Intensified or diminished sexual desires
- Full body spiritual orgasms
- Headaches, pressures within the skull
- If crown chakra is blocked when it begins to awaken you may experience anything from a dull ache to a very painful migraine even if you have never had a migraine before. focus on clearing this chakra and the pain will disappear.
- Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest that can mimic a heart attack but will have no known cause
- Digestive system problems, nausea or vomiting particularly when clearing 3rd chakra
- Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)
- Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of FMS are Kundalini-related.)
- Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression
- Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping)
- Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.
- Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating
- Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual’s prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)
- Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area.
- Ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion
- Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; past-life memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or visions; healing powers
- Partial or full Paralysis during sleep. Can occur in just lower part of body, one side or full body. The lesson is to trust. Often guidance will be present during these times to support you. Just listen and trust the guidance.
- Increased creativity: new interests in self-expression and spiritual communication through music, art, poetry, etc.
- Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one’s own essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness of one’s environment (including “vibes” from others)
- Dreams will take on a deeper significance. More direct guidance can come from dreams or dreams may reveal past life information
- Once you have sufficiently cleared many layers from you physical, emotional and mental bodies, past life healing will become more urgent
- Your resonance changes, which can shift your level of tolerate for certain situations or people.
- When the heart chakra awakens you will feel, for a short time, a tremendously magnified surge of love for others and feel a connection to every living thing for a short time
- Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality; transcendent awareness
My own (Stella Solaris Ferry) Kundalini Awakening expereinces